Digital Product Strategy and User Experience.
Nicolai Knoll is a Senior UX Designer at the Financial Times.
I lead teams to create and develop digital products. From the initial strategy, vision and concept to the production and shipping of the single components. I facilitate a user-centered and agile way of working to make things that serve a purpose, are usable and match business requirements.
I also have years of experience in developing campaigns and digital brand strategies.
- From 2014 to 2016 I was UX Director at Edenspiekermann where I lead teams to design digital products, with particular focus on media and news, including:
- Designing the user experience of Red Bull TV, a new service available globally across 15 apps for all screen sizes;
- Co-founding POST, a post-publishing tool for journalists, funded by Google’s Digital News Initiative;
- Helping to relaunch one of the world’s most prestigious newspapers in London (Currently in development);
- Designing a new digital magazine for Switzerland’s leading newspaper (Currently in development);
- Between 2008 and 2013 I worked in the strategy and creative departments of Berlin-based agency KKLD*, which included:
- As a freelancer I supported Ullstein, one of Germany's oldest publishing houses, to launch their first digital imprints Midnight and Forever.
- A long time ago I graduated in Sociology and Economics. During that time I was trained in quantitative and qualitative research methods, statistics, behavioural theory and the business side of things.
I'm available for side projects and opportunities in London. Get in touch on Twitter or Linkedin.